Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An exercise in futility??

My 7.5 month little girl does not want to eat anything unless it is from the tap, i.e. ME. I keep trying to give her yummy goodness on a spoon- on my fingertip- on her tray and she will usually stomach a few bites and then purse her lips with a grin. At first I expected it. Since she gets all her nutrients from breast milk, it is not that important to put other stuff in her belly so I didn't fret. But now, we have tried and tried again. Avocados, sweet potatoes, applesauce, peaches, mashed white potatoes, rice cereal..... she will tolerate her cereal but the rest is a gag face waiting to happen. I make my own food so maybe she doesn't like the consistency?? Sooo tried some Earth's best apples to no avail :/
Oh well- try try again. I figure that eventually she will be just as much a foodie as I but for now I will just sigh and try to laugh at the drama of her actually crying when she gets a spoonful of dreaded fruit.

1 comment:

Jo said...

fyi-- she likes earth's best pears AND sweet potatoes... both of which she is NOT a fan of if I make them... I am thinking a texture thing, so THANK YOU to Earth's Best :)