Friday, April 15, 2011

another life lesson

This has been a long week.

Productive, but long. I somehow managed to steal an "office day" on Monday, which means that the kids were NOT in the house and I could catch up on work for a day. I didn't really get everything done, but most. Then yesterday I amazingly got an extra two hours of alone time because it was an exam day with my college class ( which = early out) so I finished most everything left.

What a GREAT and totally FOREIGN feeling.

Last night I had no stress except for the perpetual mommy-child struggle. We went to daddy's baseball game and embarrassed him by backtalking in front of his players: "Dad- how many times do I have to tell you this?!" I have no idea where N has head that before :)
We got home, got the kids bathed and asleep and I even went to bed early.

And that is a good thing because I started myself awake at 5 am on tax day and realized that though our personal income taxes have been done for weeks, the quarterly estimated tax for my business has not.
fail.
So actually, I am not caught up at all. Such is life

3 comments:

my3littlebirds said...

Well, you enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment while you could! Ugh, it's always something.

Alicia said...

The deadline for personal income taxes was extended to the 18th, so you might check if you have the weekend to finish up on the business side. Happy filing!

Jo said...

always!
thank goodness for the extension :)